We're in the fight to end health disparities.
What is COVID -19?
Coronaviruses are a group of related viruses that cause diseases in mammals and birds. In humans, coronaviruses cause respiratory tract infections that can range from mild to lethal. Mild illnesses include some cases of the common cold, while more lethal varieties can cause SARS, MERS, and COVID-19.
COVID-19 is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways. It's caused by a virus called coronavirus.
Symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are a cough, a high temperature and shortness of breath.
Simple measures like washing your hands often with soap and water can help stop viruses like coronavirus (COVID-19) spreading.
There’s no specific treatment for coronavirus (COVID-19). Treatment aims to relieve the symptoms until you recover.
It's not known exactly how coronavirus (COVID-19) spreads from person to person, but similar viruses are spread in cough droplets
Current Data trends are showing African Americans contract and DIE from the coronavirus at higher per capita rates then other communities.
- - We need an African American Coronavirus task force to address the specific issues posed to the African American Community by this pandemic.
- - We must immediately demand a Rapid Testing Model for the African American Community.
- - We must ensure that the barriers to this rapid testing model are removed. Including:
- - Location of test sites that can be easily accessed by the vulnerable, marginalized and disadvantaged residents in the community.
- - Costs’ associated with obtaining tests that are affordable as well as for treatment and follow-up care.
- - Begin the process of developing a health care model that better services the community moving forward