The Political Action Committee works to ensure voter empowerment by providing awareness, training, and programmatic support to ensure registration, education, administration, and election protection.
The NAACP has developed a nonpartisan voter empowerment program designed to empower African Americans and people of color by increasing awareness and participation in the electoral process.
The Political Action Committee will support the NAACP’s mission to ensure political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate race-based discrimination, through implementing the following initiatives:
- A series of voter education forums addressing community-specific issues
- Voter Registration Training and Education
- Issuing focused political action notifications through social media usage
- Local and Federal advocacy days and facilitating meetings with elected officials
- Conducting National Voter Registration Day in September
- Get Out The Vote (GOTV), voter registration and poll transportation on Election Day
- Partnering with local and national civic organizations to address pertinent issues
- Informing the membership and electorate of candidate views
- Accountability - hold elected officials accountable.
- Partner with various legacy organizations to provide candidate forums to the community
T. Nicole Taylor, Political Action Chair