The door monitor must be assertive, organized, and possess good customer service and communication skills. The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing traffic in and out of competition site
- Communicating plan for managing traffic, in and out of the room, to the audience
- Maintaining crowd and noise control
- Posting contestant numbers during competition
- Assisting Room Facilitators in meeting the judges needs (i.e. water, copies, pencils, etc.)
- Assisting Room facilitators in collecting judges’ scores sheets and preparing student evaluations for distribution
- Performing such other related duties that may be requested by the Room Facilitator or ACT-SO Chairperson
In addition, the door monitor should not permit anyone to enter or exit the room while a student is performing or meeting with the judges for a personal interview. They must also maintain crowd and noise control.
We ask that you remain until the competition for your category is over.