Are you a budding entrepreneur or executive? If you hope to one day organize, own, and manage your own (or someone else’s) company and provide products or services that consumers want or need, then our Business Entrepreneurship program might be right up your alley. Learn more about what it takes below.
- Submit six (6) copies of the contestants’ business plan.
- Six (6) copies of a typed 8-½-inch by 11-inch double spaced business plan must accompany the project. The business plan, which should be a minimum of ten (10) pages and not to exceed twenty (20) pages, should include a cover page, executive summary, company description, a marketing plan, a management plan and a financial plan, in addition to any supporting documents (i.e. graphs, photographs, statistical data). The student’s name, page number and branch must be at the top of each page. The six (6) copies must be submitted on or before the specified deadline.
- The contestant is required to make an oral presentation, not to exceed five (5) minutes, explaining his/her business plan.
- A visual presentation in the form of a display, slide show, overhead or PowerPoint presentation should be provided.
- Contestants should be familiar with business terminology in general and about terminology related to their selected product/service.
- Contestants are required to have personally conducted the business plan analysis and have been involved with the production of any prototype product or service trials.
- The NAACP ACT-SO Program will provide electrical power and an LCD projector.
- Contestants must provide a laptop and appropriate adapter for projection. NOTE: The deadline for submission of national registration documents is May 1 5 , 2020. No materials or copies will be accepted after that time or at the National Competition.
Contestants will be judged by the following criteria:
- Written Business Plan
- Marketing Strategy (15)
- Management Plan/Personnel Profiles (10)
- Financial Plan (15)
- Market Research & Analysis (10)
- Government Requirements (5)
- Product/Service Knowledge (10)
- Customer Service Plan (5)
- Creativity/Originality (5)
- Oral Presentation
- Comfort Level of Product/Service Knowledge (10)
- Social Responsibility/Contribution to the Community (5)
- Presentation Style (5)
- Visual Presentation (5)