The process, art and technique of capturing images with an analog or digital camera.
Examples include but are not limited to: Black and white photographs, color photographs, digital or analog photographs, photograms, other experimental photography, etc.
- No more than six (6) photographs can be submitted or one (1) collage of work.
- The photographs and/or mounting boards must be no larger than 20×16 inches and mounted on white, black, or gray color boards.
- The contestant is required to make a minimum three (3) minute oral presentation, explaining the methods or techniques used in developing the project.
- The National Office will provide display tables.
- All photos must be the contestants’ original work. Contestants entering unoriginal work will be disqualified.
- Composite images, and photomontages are permitted, however, each element of the composite image/photomontage must be the student’s original photograph. Digital composites are allowed.
Contestants will be judged by the following criteria:
- Choice of Medium (15)
- Cleanness (15)
- Composition (20)
- Effective use of Light (35)
- Viewer Involvement (15)
* A portion reprinted with permission from the Alliance for Young Artists & Writers**