In 2015, the Cincinnati Branch NAACP established a scholarship program for African American students who are graduating from Cincinnati Public Schools. Scholarships will be awarded to students who have shown leadership in their academic pursuits, personal lives and community involvement.
It is the duty of our dedicated Scholarship Committee to determine the most outstanding individuals to receive these awards. The NAACP does not provide financial aid to individuals, only scholarships through this process.
The scholarship funds were named in honor of individuals who made significant contributions to advance the local branch.
They are the:
- Wendell P. Dabney Scholarship Fund
- Karla S. Irvine Leaders Scholarship Funders
- Charles Ross Sr. Leaders Scholarship Fund
- Juanita M. Adams Leaders Scholarship Fund
- Milton W. Hinton Future Leaders Scholarship Fund
To apply for a scholarship from the NAACP, please request an application by emailing : firstname.lastname@example.org
Prepare to apply by gathering the following materials:
- An official transcript
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers or counselor
- A one-page essay single-spaced
- Evidence of acceptance or full-time enrollment
*Please note: students are not eligible to receive more than one scholarship and all decisions of the committee are final and cannot be appealed.
Learn more about our Scholarship Program.