To perform a series of rhythmic and technical patterned bodily movements usually performed to music.
- The solo performance must not exceed five (5) minutes. (Contestants not adhering to the maximum time requirement are subject to point deduction and/or disqualification.)
- Costumes are optional, but should be appropriate to the choreography performed.
- The theme and the dance form of the performance must be identified to the judges prior to the presentation. Dance forms include: Broadway/Musical Theater, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Lyrical, and Tap.
- Aerobic exercises, miming, cheerleading and drill team routines may not be used.
Contestants will be judged by the following criteria:
- Technical Proficiency/Skill (25): Alignment, strength, endurance, flexibility, coordination
- Clarity and Consistency in Style (25)
- Phrasing/Dynamics/Musicality (25)
- Clarity of Intent/Interpretation of Choreography (25)